The ARS Quran Intensive (QI) is an advanced, comprehensive Quran-memorization program.
The program will repurpose 4th and 5th Grade Arabic and Quran classes into a consolidated intensive program with multiple benefits for children including:
- Memorization of the Holy Quran
- Understanding of the Holy Quran
- Improved reading fluency
Students in 4th and 5th Grade will be with their cohort in all core subjects and Islamic Studies from morning until afternoon (1:30 pm – Dhuhr). Immediately following Dhuhr prayer, around 1:45 pm, students will transition out from Arabic and Quran classes to the Quran Intensive program. The QI class will finish at 3:45 pm daily.
- Must be a returning ARS student with an exemplary academic/behavior record from the previous school year.
- For a newly enrolled student at ARS, the student must show exceptional academic and behavioral evidence from an accredited public or private school.
- Must be able to read the Quran fluently and smoothly as assessed by QI academic team.
- All students must pass a screening test prior to enrollment.
- All students enrolled in the QI program must be in either 4th or 5th Grade.
- For students to be successful in this program, an assessment at the end of each academic quarter will occur.
- Any student(s) not passing their academic classes may be placed on academic probation.
- For students to be successful in the program, they must sustain excellent grades throughout the program.
- If grades deteriorate, and the student fails to improve their grades by the following quarter, they may be removed from the QI program.
Fee structure will be announced soon inshAllah.
- 4th and 5th-grade students will be expected to complete all coursework assigned by their respective core subject classes (reading, language arts, math, science, social studies, and Islamic Studies).
- Students will attend the QI program for two 40-45 minute periods during the school day, which will not interfere with their core classes. Subsequently, they are expected to give two to three hours a week at home to memorize and review their QI assignments.
- QI students must maintain a “B” or 80% average in their core subject areas. Performing below this average will result in a probationary status that may lead to removal from the program.
- Students must maintain their assigned memorization lessons.
- Students must complete the minimal Quranic memorization expectations.
- Students are expected to follow the proper adhab (etiquettes) while attending the program.
- All students are expected to abide by ARS Student Handbook policies and procedures.
- Complete and submit an online application (free of charge) on the www.alrahmah.org website.
- The application review process takes less than 10 days.
- If the student(s) meets all requirements, parents will receive an email notifying them to schedule a pre-screening test with the QI academic team.
- Students will be notified by the QI academic team if their child has been accepted or not via email within 7 days.
Have a Question?
Feel free to contact Sheikh Saad Baig, Head of School (ARS/ARN), at [email protected]